Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Sharing a win(1)

M1
M1 Member Posts: 6,723
1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

We finally were able to have a one-on-one companion start working with my partner, and she got her started painting and drawing today.  A real win.  Wish I could be there, but this is better than nothing.

My granddaughter also lost her first tooth today, and I'm still negative for covid after 7 days, so this was a good karma day!

Comments

• MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    Excellent!  Write it on the calendar M1!
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

M1, thank you for sharing! Great wins for the day! And granddaughter loosing a tooth, sweet. Your beautiful wife was really focused on her drawing! Thank you again. Nice to hear good news. Very happy for you and your wife. 

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Great!!! I knew something good would happen for you sometime. You've waited a long time for that. Glad you're still negative. That's huge.

That's a really cutie you have there. Seeing that reminded me of the time one of our g-daughters had a tooth that was barely hanging on. She wouldn't let her dad pull it, but when I asked if I could do it, she agreed. I went down to the basement, and came back with a pair of channel locks about eighteen inches long. You should have seen the look on her face when she saw that.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,015
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Those are all great wins! You needed some good things after all you are going through. The companion sounds like a great idea. How often will she visit?
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Very glad to hear that you have had some good things happen.  

Hoping this is a new trend for your LO and that more good things are in both your futures.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Maggie right now it's a couple of hours, two days a week.  If it benefits her, I may increase it, we'll see.  But this was a huge start.  She really is quite the artist; continuing on my picture theme tonight, here's one she did of Magnolia the Cat a few years back.
  • billS
    billS Member Posts: 180
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments
    M1 wrote:
    Maggie right now it's a couple of hours, two days a week.  If it benefits her, I may increase it, we'll see.  But this was a huge start.  She really is quite the artist; continuing on my picture theme tonight, here's one she did of Magnolia the Cat a few years back.

Wow that is a wonderful painting.

• Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Thank you for sharing your good news.
  • jmlarue
    jmlarue Member Posts: 511
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    So very happy for you and your DW. She is, indeed, quite the artist and it would be wonderful if she can continue to express herself unique view of the world in her art. When winning days have been so hard to come by, today was huge for you. Hope it's just the beginning.
  • ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,015
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    That’s a beautiful painting of the cat. She’s really a talented artist. Great therapy for her.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

M; you continue COVID negative - that is great news.

And your Partner fully engaged with her art - I notice how intent she is studying that paper. Great photo with the colorful vase and flowers next to her. I so hope the personal companion works out great - that would be a huge relief, I am sure.  Hopefully, soon there will be the abiity for you to visit and have it be a positive.  I so hope for that to happen for you soon.

As for the painting of the cat - that is breathtaking, she really is quite an accomplished artist.  The eyes on the cat draw one right in.  The details are marvelous.

And your grandaughter; that photo made me chuckle out loud.   M; she is absolutely beautiful, what a joy it must be to be with the children. Wonder if the tooth fairy made a visit. I used to have the children put their tooth out for the tooth fairy.  When the child was asleep, I had some silver glitter I would sprinkle on the window sill; it was fairy dust that the child found the next day - and of course the tooth fairy always left money under the child's pillow.  When my son asked what the tooth fairy did with the teeth, I had to think fast. I said that the Tooth Fairy went back to Fairy Land and planted the tooth; and where each tooth was planted, a flower grew and that could only happen in Fairy Land.  The stories did not negatively affect the children at all.  They grew up just fine and have a lot of memories of the special childhood stuff.  I sure do miss having small children.   Grandchildren are even better; they are the most wonderful gift and they have been some of my greatest joy in life. 

You must be a wonderful grandparent; you even babysit and you are important enough in their life that you get pictures of tooth events! 

J.

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    So glad for you to have this victory.   May it lead to the next one, and the next.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Faith,Hope,Love
    Faith,Hope,Love Member Posts: 191
    100 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Congratulations M1!!!  That's fantastic news.  Love the pictures.  Your wife is an amazing artist.  I hope and pray she will continue her artwork with the aid of her companion.  This may open up a whole new door for her to express herself.  Thanks for sharing your good news and your pictures.  It brings joy and hope to the rest of us.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    She is talented in more ways than one. Love the cat. I just want to pet her.
  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,768
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Lovely watercolor... she is going to need a pink pearl eraser...lol
  • saltom
    saltom Member Posts: 126
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    The cat picture is beautiful and so is your granddaughter.  What wonderful memories you must be creating for her.  Glad things are more positive for you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more