Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Good News

Hoot619
Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Memory Care place called me this AM all is good, looking for DW to be placed end of Aug or 1st part of Sept. CECL is doing his part getting things squared away.

My sister dropped in this morning from downstate and DW knew her right off the bat I had to run to town and when I got back DW was all smiles and laughing.  Well until DW looked at me, some how I rub her the wrong way.  I imagine DW gets tired of me trying to get her to do anything .  I know I don't really care for someone telling me I should do something.

The Care Place says to have a week' supply of clothes.  I'll ask my daughter to help me do that.

Well If I can just keep this good mood I'm in for 6 weeks and I know that won't be possible but the Caegiver end is in sight.   I hope you all have a GOOD DAY.  Hoot

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Hoot, that's great. I'm glad for you.
  • jmlarue
    jmlarue Member Posts: 511
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes

Great news! After all you've been through, you should be able to handle the next 6 weeks standing on your head. So happy for you.

• Whyzit
    Whyzit Member Posts: 156
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Wow Hoot, That is wonderful news! I’m happy for you and your LO.
  • Hoot619

My daughter Jennifer showed up this afternoon and DW broke out in a big smile and got out of her chair to greet her.  DW  was real happy and could say a few words but also a lot of gibberish. I hope DW never forgets her but that is asking a lot with this disease.   Smiles for Jennifer and a big frown for me. Hell I can't win but still having a good day with a few bad moments.    Hoot

• Hoot619
    I just got a hug and a kiss from DW also says she loves me. It was needed by me. I also went to McDonalds for a cheeseburger a choc. malt for her. She drank the malt 2 bites out of the hamberger and back into madness or whatever again.   I never know what is going to happen next,  this disease sucks.... Hoot
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot so very happy for you! Glad your wife is happy to see her daughter, and was laughing and having a good time. Anytime our love ones are happy is a blessed day. 

• Gig Harbor
    Gig Harbor Member Posts: 564
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Very happy you found placement and have a move in date. It may still be pretty rough but having an end date makes anything possible.
  • Hoot619

Your not kidding there. DW is giving me a rough time today but did get dry bottoms on her. Then things went to hell.  Gave her a donut and hot chocolate, donut hit the floor. Picked it up and put in on table beside her.   Tried to shave her after a while , that got her more upset.  I went to my room and watched her on camera.  She finally is eating the donut.

During the night I went and covered her a few times and she appreciated that. Gave me a big smile.    DW is not eating, thought she was having swallowing problems but gave her a piece of cake last night.  She had no trouble.   

Family get-together today, I wonder if we will make it. Our daughter said if we aren't there by 3 she will come to house and help.  DW will do stuff for others but me, that's another story. Once in a while I can get her to do stuff with no problem but those times are getting scarce.

It's past time for me to get her placed , I wish I would have listened to others.  Hoot

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot, you have done your best through some extemely difficult times and you are now continuing to do your very best; you've got this.

Hope all went well today; just a little more time and then all will be set to rights.

Sending warm thoughts your way along with wishes for a good evening and a good tomorrow.

J.

• Sligo177
    Sligo177 Member Posts: 165
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Hi Hoot,

I'm happy for you, that help is on the way.  It's been so hard for you.  Something to look forward to, for you and your DW.

• Hoot619

Well we did not make it there Friday, Sis and daughter came over to help but saw what was going on with DW.  I think we made the right decision to stay home. Why spoil the get  together for others      DW is not eating hardly anything,  2 peanut butter sandwiches in 3 days. I have a bowl of cornflakes with fresh peaches sitting by her, hasn't touched it.

I did buy some Glucerna shake yesteday added a scoop of ice cream . She drank it all but it didn't stay in her. I cleaned her up this morning. 10 minutes to get her out of chair to bathroom 15 minutes to get her in shower. I use a car wash mitt to wash her with squirt it with ivory soap and have at it. Rinse her down good and go thru the same darn* process to get her at least half way dressed   Some times it is 3 times a day and I sure as hell don't get any thanks from DW.

The good moments with her are fewer and shorter. I think she is beginning to hate me in her screwed up mind. But then out of blue, I love you and it makes it all worth while.  Hoot, with tears streaming down his face.

• MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    What a rollercoaster ride Hoot.  I’m so sorry, and here’s a virtual hug for you. O

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more