Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Anger issues with no doctor

My DH is so angry with me every day since I took his car keys.  He has locked me out of the house, tried to disable my car and made endless threats.  I am so tired.  I don’t want to get up in the morning.  I called the alz hotline, engaged a therapist and a gerontologist,  talked with our children, all while trying to keep him calm.  He’s not violent, just verbally abusive. He has VD about stage 4, I think.  Thanks for letting me vent.

Comments

• JJ401
    JJ401 Member Posts: 312
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

Vent away. Everyone of us needs to vent sometimes.

I don’t think, once the keys are taken away, that you can ever relax your villagence. A good friend has a husband who stopped driving by himself. One day he announced that he didn’t want to drive anymore. They sold his car. Since he voluntarily stopped, my friend didn’t worry too much about her keys. One day about a year later he took the keys and took off. The inevitable accident happened. Car damage no injuries. Friend started hiding the keys. Six months later he found them and took off again. Luckily no injuries. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more