Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

M1(3)

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
Just thinking about you, and hoping you can get a breakthrough soon.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thanks Ed.  I just responded to Norm's post--I don't think there is going to be one, unfortunately.  Weekends are very hard somehow.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

I have been thinking about the both of you and so hoping that you were both doing alright.   Though for different reasons, it has been such a hard time for the both of you.  Ed; hope you ae sleeping okay and remembering to eat in the midst of having so much to get settled in your heart and mind.

M; I can only imagine the pain at not being able to visit your Partner; it has gone on for so long.  I do hold out hope that she will soon begin to evolve to the point of her feeling more at peace enabling you to visit. Such a horrible disease holding everyone prisoner in its throes.   You have been such a good and kind person as well as a thoughtful and loving advocate for your beloved Partner.  If she knew the depth of your faithful devotedness prior to her onset of dementia, she would have been deeply touched. 

J.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    M1, I'm sorry. But the day will come when you will be able to visit. It's just mind boggling that it's gone on for this long.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more