Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Follow up on DH

caberr
caberr Member Posts: 211
Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
My last post I had said dh had a fever but tested negative for covid.  He did in fact test positive for a UTI the next day.  He was put on meds and is doing much better.  
He seems to have adjusted to MC and is eating very well.  He still cannot stand or walk and is on hospice so they will not do PT.  His Dr and I both believe he wouldn't be able to follow PT.  We do get him up into a broder chair and take him outside.  When he is in the chair, he can lift himself up with his arms.  I am still hopeful that one day we can get him to stand.  He does ask once in a while to go home but I tell him he needs to get better and that seems to be ok with him.

I miss having him home.  The house seems so quiet and big. (Guess it is we raised 5 kids in this house!) I've been asked, but I am not thinking of selling.  

I wish that he "snaps" out of this and comes home.  I know that is not possible. 

I see him most every day, but I am getting back to the gym slowly and trying to get into a new "normal".   

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Caberr, I'm glad he seems to be doing well in a facility. And I know it's hard for you. I've been there. Getting back to the gym, and doing other things for yourself will go a long way to help you get through this.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more