Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Wrong month

Whyzit
Whyzit Member Posts: 156
Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes
DH has been confused about which month it is, thinking it is June. I gave up on correcting him. So when he asked this week if we were going to the fireworks on the 4th of July, I begged off  citing Covid concerns. Then he asked about celebrating our anniversary on July 18th. We already celebrated it on the 18th by going to McDonalds. Not wanting to hurt his feelings I suggested we could go out for a nice lunch. He was happy with that idea.
Tonight he saw me working on the calendar for August. We hang it on the refrigerator. He gave me a puzzled look and said it’s not August. So I replied tomorrow is August 1st. He said it can’t be. I showed him the date on the newspaper. He paused and looked at me with a very serious expression. Then he said “I guess I napped too long.”  I laughed harder than I have in a long time …….and he laughed too.

Comments

• Arrowhead
    Arrowhead Member Posts: 361
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Thank you for the chuckle.

Here's one in response:

This conversation happened some time ago between my wife of 44 years and me. I still laugh over it. 

Her: I can’t find him.

Me: Can’t find who?

Her: Your husband

Me: My husband?

Her: Yes, your husband.

Me: I’m not gay 

Her: You’re not?

• Whyzit
    Whyzit Member Posts: 156
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Arrowhead, That is a jewel of a conversation. Thanks for sharing.
  • MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    Thank you both for the funny stories.  I love that you can see humor in a bleak situation, and only hope that I will too.
  • saltom
    saltom Member Posts: 126
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    Thanks for sharing.  The humor stories really lighten the load for me.  I'm still waiting for a bus that is supposed to take us to a concert in the city.  But DH did say it might be late.  We've never taken a bus into the city.  Maybe the bus driver slept too long.
  • storycrafter
    storycrafter Member Posts: 273
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Thanks for those stories. Humor keeps us going.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Oh my goodness; laughter can find us in the oddest of places when we least expect it; that is like being given a little gift.

Thank you for the smiles,

J.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living