Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

No poo in sink

Buggsroo
Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
Hi everyone,
I have been getting up every morning checking the sink for brown surprises, and so far there have been none, a week and a half and no poo. I still catch him peeing from time to time but no poo. I have eliminated most of the dairy in his diet and it seems to be working. I realize this may be tempting fate setting this down in print. 
He still wakes me way too early in the morning, he yells and bites himself, but at least I am not continuously cleaning up poo. 
I have him wearing Depends and I can usually smell him and clean him up. I am pleased.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    That has to be one of the biggest wins ever! I'm thrilled for you.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Yea!! Hope it continues!! Know you have to be a happy camper!! Congratulations!
  • JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Who ever thought we'd be cheering the lack of poo in a sink? What a strange world we live in.

But I am cheering for you.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,015
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Buggsroo, that is definitely a win!
  • Battlebuddie
    Battlebuddie Member Posts: 25
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments

Congratulations!  May this be the beginning of a new season. “ the clean sink season!” 

This is why I like this site , because when you live this crazy life, no one really gets it but a fellow traveler. My husband would go up to any chair and pee and poop there.thought they were toilets.  Had to cover everything with waterproof dog blankets ( the kind for when you take your dog to the beach and need a cover for the car seat) When my husband graduated to depends pull-ups , I remember thinking what an amazing invention it was! Lol. Now he just uses the depends and isn’t really aware anything has occurred . 

I think you have endured so much during this phase. And my impression is that you have survived with all your marbles. No small feat. I really truly hope this is the end of it. And now it’s a tiny bit easier for you in the future.  

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more