Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

air tag question

One of our sons convinced me to get an air tag ( a tracking device) and put it under the insole of DH shoe.  He said he wouldn't notice it and I would be able to find him if he should wander off.  Looking at the air tag this morning, I think it is going to be noticeable if I put it in his shoe.  Has anyone had any experience with this or have any suggestions about how best to use an air tag?  I was thinking about just asking DH to carry it in his jeans pocket.  Thank you for any suggestions.

Brenda

Comments

• Kevcoy
    Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    I think an airtag in the shoe might be uncomfortable.  My DH has gotten used to wearing a lanyard with the house key and his YMCA card so I put an airtag with them and everything seems to be working out all right.  Plus it helps to find his key when he misplaces it.
  • dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Yeah, he's going to notice that in his shoe.  Does he take keys with him when he leaves?  If so, I'd get one of the air tag holders that have a key ring on it (doesn't have to be Apple, can be a knockoff) and put all the keys on that.  

If he doesn't, then putting it into his back pocket of his pants would work too.  Information on his travels can be useful in making decisions too - if you see he's going to dangerous places (bodies of water, prohibited property), then you can make care decisions based on that info.
  • sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 748
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    There is a tracker that's flat like a credit card that I considered for my dh, but as I looked into it, I wasn't convinced it would work for my needs. I ended up getting an air tag. He's gotten so he takes his keys when he goes out, although he often doesn't take his phone. I got it engraved with hearts so he would want to keep it with him and put it on his key ring.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 853
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

Thank you for your replies.  After reading them I think the best thing is to get an air tag holder and put his house key on it.  He doesn't normally carry his key but if he had a key ring I think he would enjoy having it in his pocket.

Brenda

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney