Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Wife said something funny

The topic of someone having to be with my wife while I am gone came up yesterday. In fact she has been on an endless loop on why she doesn't need a babysitter. The caregiver is scheduled for tomorrow and she has been campaigning against it all week. I tell her it's because of your diagnosis it's for insurance purposes. I then lie to her saying if anything happens while I'm gone I will get fired as her caregiver and the company will issue her someone new. Not nearly as nice as me of course. She goes along with it because it's the right thing to do not because she needs it. She ended the conversation with "Every time I watch myself nothing happens, it's only when people are here." That just cracked me up.

Comments

• saltom
    saltom Member Posts: 126
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    Thanks for sharing. It made my day.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Just Bill, thank you for sharing! Your wife is so cute! Love what she said! It made my day also.
  • Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thank you for appreciating my wife's dementia humor. She is adorable the way a cute foreign girl butchers the English language. Another funny thing she does is in an attempt at a smart a** comment that I am sure sounded real funny in her head, doesn't quite come out the way she intended but she finishes it anyway. So it sounds like ibbittaibbittaibbitta but with the right accent on the syllables and the right tone of an actual smart a** answer. She still laughs like I understand what she said. I laugh like she got me. A day doesn't go by where we don't have a good laugh with or at each other.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more