Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Update on dw

Yesterday marked 4 weeks she's been in a geripych. I didn't know that her having been in a geripych  can make it harder for her to get placed.

They think they have everything set good. Today I saw my Dw she seemed a little agitated but it was an ok visit with all the usual questions. When am "I" coming come meaning Her.She addresses it to me when are you coming home. 

Any way. The SW is once again hot to get her out, and so am I. I visited the NH where they want to place my wife in AL. I said sure I pay 4000. But the NH is suspicious about whether she is going to be ok for assisted living, The SW said he sent over a bunch of referral stuff. The NH is going to assess her, when? 

Guess what when I got to the nh this morning they were wheeling a man in a bed around and everybody has full PPE. Yep they have covid. If you would like to voice anything about what about this let me know. I am not keen that she will be walking the halls looking for a way out with covid going thru there. I have someone from the AAAD office going for me to assess her tomorrow for  Tn Care - Medicaid. I have signed up and wish I had put my farm in my name before this but I didn't, my bad, so if I sell it that will be considered an asset for her care.Don't beat me up I am doing a good job of that myself. Just wanted to put out what Meds she is getting to see if anyone has any thoughts about that.

Generic Zyprexia  7.5 am 2.5 noon to help with sundowning  and 7.5 pm.

10 mg of Lexapro am.

Vit d supplement.

I have been prepping our house in case this all falls apart and Yes I am having the hardest time letting go. Every visit breaks my heart. I have most everything done except closing off the stairs.I am thinking about framing in a door with a lock on it to prevent her from going up the stairs.

She should be placed this week sometime?

Yep I hate dementia!

Ed I had asked about getting her records on meds and all the notes last week, I was told not till she is released.

Oh and I have found many of the poems I had written to her which was nice to find those little treasures she kept.

I'll share a short one I had written for her birthday, nope I am not a poet, but glad she saved it. 

J is for joy, you bring to my Heart

U is for me, till death do us part

D is for daily, we walk hand in hand

Y is for yesterday's, we hold in our hearts.

Comments

• michiganpat
    michiganpat Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    Tool belt expert, that is a beautiful poem. I have been reading your posts and can feel the love you have for your wife.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Stewart, I wish you well in the coming days. I hope things work out well for you, but I know you are broken because of all the decisions you are having to make.

I did not know how much love you could put in just four lines like you wrote. Thanks for sharing.

• CatsWithHandsAreTrouble
    CatsWithHandsAreTrouble Member Posts: 370
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

Thank you for the update on your wife. I've been thinking about you and your situation a lot. I hope you've taken some time to care for yourself too. 

Your poem was lovely, thank you for sharing it with us. The unyielding love of your wife shines through this dark time.

• Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments

Thanks for the update, toolbelt. Sorry this is so hard. 

Your love for your DW shines through in your poem and in everything you are doing for her.

May the Lord give you strength, peace and wisdom during this time.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Well she got rejected from that Alf because she wanders and goes in other people's room. So now it's off to another facility tomorrow almost 40 miles from home. I hadn't seen this one cause they wouldn't schedule a tour because the front office area got flood by a sprinkler. One day at a time. They mentioned that I might have to pay part of the time she's there cause she's ready to discharge. I think if tomorrow doesn't pan out I may be forced into bringing her home. I don't know what else to do.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Steward I am so sorry. Was really hoping you and your dear wife would get a break. I hope and pray the place you’re visiting tomorrow will be the right one. Sometimes it kinda seems like so many places just want to admit someone that’s just a vegetable and will sit and do nothing.  

Best of luck to you my friend!  Did you get to see your lawyer? 

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm sorry, Stewart. Even though this facility is quite a drive for you, let's hope you are surprised at how good it is. You and your wife both need something going your way.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Stewart, don't let then flummox you into taking her home with threats over payment.  She is not ready for discharge until there is a plan in place.  Period.  So if the other facility hasn't seen/accepted her, she's not ready for discharge.  That's their problem, not yours.
  • ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,015
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Stewart, I’m so sad the facilities are making this so difficult for you. I hope tomorrow goes better and that the new meds she is taking start to offer some relief. I love your poem. What a beautiful tribute to your wife.
  • Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    Beautiful poem...speaks volumes!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia