Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Another gem

Part of life in my twilight zone is my wife talking to me about me. I exist in her head as Bill the supervisor at work, Bill the caregiver most of the time, Bill the husband late at night and early in the morning. When I am the caregiver she talks to me about the Bill at work. Or when I'm at work she will talk about Bill her husband. And when I am Bill the husband she talks about Bill the caregiver. Yesterday she was talking smack about me in front of me and I asked witch Bill are we talking about ? She said without missing a beat; "That up to you to figure out witch Bill I am talking about. " She had me there.

Comments

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,444
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    In DWs late stage of speaking  I became the nice "cookie man", however she would hold me in a very spousal manner , so I assumed she knew she was married to the cookie man she just did not know his name
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Bill that happened here too and was very disconcerting.  She would see my medical journals sitting around and tell me, "I think that belongs to M."  I went for a medical appointment and while I was in the waiting room she called me, said hello like she hadn't seen me in months instead of 30 minutes, and told me she had some of my suitcases in the basement (true) and didn't know why she had them, she'd love to get together with me so she could give them back.  Very weird.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Well, Bill, at least she's thinking about you, whoever you are. It could be worse.
  • MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    You guys just crack me up. Bless you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia