Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Did anyone hear from Butterfly Wings?

Joydean
Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
Did anyone ever hear from Butterfly Wings?  I sure hope she’s doing okay!

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I don't think anyone has heard from her. I'm also in the corner of those who have concern. I did send her an invitation some time ago, but no response. Hopefully she's on vacation or something.
  • Joydean
    Me too Ed, I hope she is.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,724
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    add me to those very concerned.  I don't know how she'd be on vacation with her husband in the shape he's in.  Very worried that something has happened to her.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,411
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Did anyone check in with the Loretta ‘ just want to talk to my friends’ post?  Maybe one of them knows her real contact info. 

My thoughts are that her spouse nay have taken a turn  for the worse.  People tend to go silent for a while when their family member is at a certain point 

• Rescue mom
    Rescue mom Member Posts: 988
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Likes
    I’m also concerned now; it’s been a long time, given how regular she was. I’m not as concerned about her DH —although certainly a big possible—as about her, like an accident or personal health crisis….some people here with good internet skills have been able to “find” others, piecing together info they posted here and some personal knowledge. But not sure BW ever posted enough for that.
  • Joydean

Quilting, I have been reading on Lorita site and have not seen any thing on there from butterfly, but I did post asking if anyone has heard from Butterfly. 

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    Just thought I'd check in to see if there's any update on ButterflyWings...
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,724
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    I think something catastrophic must have happened.
  • Rescue mom
    Rescue mom Member Posts: 988
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Likes

I really fear M1 is right, and I am not big on drama….she’s not gone this long without posting before. 

Some who were MIA here in the past were tracked down by others with good internet sleuth skills, but I think even the sleuth(s)  had more personal data to work with….

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I sure wish she’d post. I’m in agreement with M1.
  • Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    Gosh, I sure hope she's ok, at least, nothing serious. I'm not connected to her, but her last post seemed to be around 3rd week in June.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I tried to connect with her on Aug. 7. She did not accept my invitation. It doesn't sound good.
  • Joydean
    I too have tried to connect with her and no response. Lorita’s front porch has heard nothing. We just have to keep praying for her. The people on this forum are like family and when we don’t hear from them we get concerned and try to reach out to them.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Last Post I saw from her, was on July 14; a month and a half ago.  In the Post she mentioned her husband was sleeping more and more and she was catching up on her sleep too. Despite being deeply caught up in the deeply taxing difficulties of providing her husband's care, she gave a  positive feeling in her writing.

It is hard to tell what may have happened;she has always been such a frequent and open Poster here.  I remember her wanting to be as careful as possible in that she was interested in seeing and hoping that those who came into their house for service had been COVID vaccinated, so she was cautious and detailed.  I think there was also input that she was dropping the regular Medicare as her husband's insurance and switching to only VA services. I was hoping she would keep the Medicare for awhile until she was experienced with the VA system and all that entails; Medicare could be a fallback if the VA is having glitches in provision of services as it so often has happened per other Members here. It just feels as though something significant has happened or been happening.

The thoughts that come to mind are either she is deeply involved with attempting to get the VA services into place which can take immersion into hours or into a lot of days as other Members have experienced.  Another thought was that perhaps her DH had suddenly passed or that somehow COVID had been contracted due to exposure from the agency folks who were entering her house.   Just do not know, so only guessing at what comes to mind. 

We will continue to hope for the best for her and that she is well and safe.  Ed; when a Member reaches out to "Connect," one can only do that once if the other person has not responded to the request which will show up on her computer.  If she actively denied the request, outreach attempt could be used again; but by your not being able to process a second time contact indicates she has not responded to the request and it continues to still be there, hanging and waiting.

Let's hope we hear from her soon or at least is able to read this so she knows we care.

J.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,365
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    ttt

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia