Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Our daughter and my sister came over

Hoot619
Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Dw's favorite people , but DW is out of it again. Hopefully she will come out of it for a while. It usually makes a big difference when they are here.  Daughter is trying to shave her doesn't sound like it is getting done. It is past time for hair to be cut BUT how. I use to trim the front but am now scared to try it.   DW just looks at me and gets upset!, so I left the room.

They left will be back later- 1 day trip to see if clothes they got DW would fit. Too big . These are to replace one that were well worn.  I didn't have the sizes and the sizes I gave were too big.

I tried buying clothes during covid and they wouldn't let us try them on.Nobody to help on sizes like it was years ago.  Now I can't even  take her in and get them.  I have a hell of a time getting her to do anything and its day after day the same darn* way.

Monday I get a 6 hour break heading to see Elder lawyer with my Son and also get hearing aids and on way back check out the MC place in Manistique.  Once the Elder law stuff is done I'll know a lot more.  Hoot

Comments

• Faith,Hope,Love
    Faith,Hope,Love Member Posts: 191
    100 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Grooming is an issue here too.  During Covid, I started cutting DHs hair.  After watching some videos and getting my "Youtube degree" I felt pretty confident.  I also got pretty good at it.  But now, he keeps saying it doesn't need cutting.  He also needs a shave.  But at least he trimmed his fingernails.  So, I guess we'll see how long his hair gets before he agrees he needs a haircut.  This could get interesting!
  • Hoot619
    They stopped back in and DW was glad to see them.  Ever so often she comes out of it and it lasts for a while.  They are heading back downstate. Daughter will back up in a week. The visit did DW a lot of good and also made me happy for her.  Those times are getting fewer and fewer.  darn* this disease!  Hoot
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot, glad your daughter got to come and see her mom. Can your daughter take your wife to get her hair trimmed or is that out of the question. 

Like Faith , grooming is a problem here too. I had never cut anyone’s hair before. And during Covid I started cutting my dh’s hair. Being a former vet he has always worn his hair short and tight. First time I cut it, still brings a laugh to me, it was so short he almost looked bald. I’ve always shaved the back of his neck because he can’t stand feeling hair on his neck, but now I have to shave face and neck. That was scary at first. I do his nails and toenails. And stand by while he shower’s reminding him to wash body parts. None of this is fun. It’s so sad when you have to tell your husband of 53 years have to clean their self. 

Best of luck to you and your wife. 

Hope the lawyer comes through for you. 

• Hoot619

As a rule they come up on weekends when they can make it. Beauty shop is  closed week ends.

DW  wouldn't let Jennifer shave her, both Sis and her tried.  I use to cut her bangs (hair in front of her eyes) so it would look better.  Now I'm afraid to even try.

Any thing I try to do with DW I get a lot of resistance.  Mealtimes, everything DW has a shirt on , soxs and Depends. Depends I got fresh ones on her the rest she had on. Pants she threw at me.  Breakfast she wouldn't eat. Every thing is a NO NO and gets mad as hell.

Yesterday she was ok til bedtime almost 3 hours. A big win but making up for it today! Hoot

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more