Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Making bloney sandwiches

Hoot619
Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
Having a hell of a time with meat grinder, won't grind. Did you know that the darn thing won't grind if you don't have cutter in it. Hope this makes you smile, a lot of us need too!!  Hoot

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    This may be the first post I didn't learn from.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

SURPRISE!!!!   I still have my hand crank old-fashioned meat grinder and will not give it up. Haven't used it in awhile, but like my handy glass orange juice squeezer, I love 'em and they are here to stay.

Still chuckling Hoot; I can only imagine the look on your face when you discovered . . . .

J.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Oh Hoot, you are priceless! Thank you for sharing! I couldn’t keep from laughing.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,723
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Hoot we all do silly stuff.  I nearly drove my pickup off the loading dock at Tractor Supply last week.  Only funny because nobody got hurt.  They had to get a wrecker to get me out, and it only didn't tip over because I had 200 lb. of cracked corn in the back.  Color me dumb.  All the local firefighters know me (because they used to help us do controlled burns) and they thought it was hilarious.

I haven't told my kids yet.

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    M1, You won't have to, the guys at the FD will most likely help you out. That one is to good not to spread around.  I'm glad you didn't get hurt,. did the truck have any damage? Hoot
  • Annen1014
    Annen1014 Member Posts: 36
    10 Comments
    I have learned that appliances need to be plugged in to turn on.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more