Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Tomorrow I get a break

Hoot619
Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

I will be out of town for 6-8 hours, don't know if I deserve a break but sure as hell need one.  Son's wife will watch her. Son and I have papers to sign at CELA's in Marquette and get more info. on what comes next.  

After that will stop in at Memory Place in Manistique and get more information. Haven't been able to go forward with MC  til lawyer stuff is done. That keeps me out of the pitfalls which could have happened without him. 

I just hope I'm almost done with getting her placed.   It's been hard on me but I think a lot harder on dear wife.  Have a good day, I'll have one tomorrow.  That's a good day not a DRINK.   Hoot

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Hoot, I'm glad you're getting a few hours away. That should help a little.

If the time comes for placement, be sure to watch what you sign. It will probably have a place for "responsible party" to sign. Just put her name in there, not yours. They can't force you to sign your name.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Hoot, Even through you have some serious business to take care of tomorrow I hope you are able to enjoy the break from the caregiver roll.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more