Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Free resource

I think I've been on these boards intermittently for at least five years. 

I know I cannot solicit here, so instead I'm simply inviting you to connect with me in order to receive a few free resources including. . .

• Connection to a spouse who's been at this for about a decade now.
  • Subscription (free) to my blog: Simple Self-Care Strategies (available at my website)
  • Book introduction (free PDF if/when you subscribe to blog)
  • Free consult-call (also available at my website) to see if coaching could help you.
Just invite me into your connections and send me a note -- I'll accept your invitation and invite you to my website -- and we'll see if I have anything to offer you that you find of value.  
Here's what I do after 45 years as a nurse, I'm now a Health & Wellness Coach, and I'm a full-time spouse/caregiver, just like you!

Through private coaching, speaking events, and my book, Self-care Strategies for Family Caregivers, I help emotionally, and physically drained caregivers re-prioritize themselves through holistic, practical strategies to well-being, rebuilding resilience, and battling burnout so they can regain control over their lives and rediscover their authentic self.

Wishing you all the best,

--p

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Welcome back! I hope you are doing well.

Folks, I'd just like to say that I have her book Self-care Strategies for Family Caregivers, and I'd give it high numbers. It is very readable, with a lot of good information.

• Pathfinder52
    Pathfinder52 Member Posts: 37
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Comments

Thanks, Ed!  

Always happy for a ringing endorsement.

I'm happy to still be here and report to that dear hubby is doing surprisingly well for a gentleman of 91.  He's amazingly "well" for his age and in spite of his dementia, he's still enjoying his day (and, of course, every day is new!).

Wishing you all the best.

--p

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living