Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

First time on here!

2»

Comments

• jmlarue
    jmlarue Member Posts: 511
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes

ksgorr - Make sure you are signed in. Then navigate to this main page for the Spouse or Partner Forum:  https://www.alzconnected.org/discussion.aspx?g=topics&f=2147485438  

At the top of this page, click on "New Topic" to create your post.

Hope this helps.

Jean

• SMCL
    SMCL Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments

DW broke out in rash.... all over - Legs Arms Back Front. Dermatologist said allergic to most likely Meds. She has not had new Meds in 3.5 months. Gave her script for cream and said try Benedryl at night. So sad she is scratching even in her sleep. Help did return and she is able to give her a shower as long as I am in the room also. There goes by break. 

She is asking for her mother more and more (passed 9 years ago). She doesn't see things but asks where the lady or the guy that was in the kitchen went?

Pills got a little better but takes a long time at 1 every 5 or so minutes. 5 in the day and 7 at night. 

If we go in the car, when we get back to our house, I pull in the garage and she gets out goes to the door, walks in and turns and says Let's go Home! She goes back to the car and sits down. Then we go for a ride again. Sometimes 1 is enough but it has happened 4 or 5 times also. 

Thanks for letting me Vent!!

• MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    You must be exhausted SMCL!  Drug allergies can show up later, or it might be something else.  Can you do a video conference with a dermatologist?
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    ksgorr wrote:
    I just wrote a long post and it's not showing up.  I tapped post...

Unfortunately, this software is not the best. Whenever you write a long post, you really should copy the post before hitting the "Post" button. At times you can be logged off, without knowing it. Then if you are logged off, your post will not take. But if you have the post copied, you can log in again, then paste the text, and hit "Post". There may even be times when it appears that you are logged in, but then you have to log out, and log in again. It's just something we learn to live with here.

• SMCL
    SMCL Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments
    Things are a little worse as she is always asking for her mom. DW has gotten into the habit of putting used TP on sink, on cabinet, in cabinet, and found 1 in the fridge. She says it is someone else and not her. (Thats for anything that has been misplaced also.)
    Still going for rides and wanting to go home but not to our house. 

If we go anywhere inside, she wants to leave in 2-5 minutes, and gets nasty about it. My Mothers, her mother's best friend, stores etc.

Doctor (Neuro)  doubled her pills but not doing much good. She whines and asks for help. When I ask what she wants she rubs her finger across her chin and then her eyebrows as if she knows something is wrong up there. 

Thanks for listening!

Steve

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living