Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Wife hid her laptop

One of my wife's hallucinations is a 4 year old girl taking her stuff. She will hide stuff so the kid can't find them. She forgets she hid them from the kid and furthers the belief the kid is taking stuff. I thought I knew all her hiding spots. Dressers under clothes is popular. She hid her laptop 2 days ago and I have looked everywhere. I told my wife the kid is hiding it from you and if you don't act interested she will get bored and show you where it is. She has already forgot she even had a computer. She has regular stash spots I can find her phone and the remote. I put away her wallet so she doesn't lose it. I'll get another laptop and put it up at night. As soon as I get the new one I am certain the old one will magically turn up. Luckily she is sleeping now and I am normalizing my emotions with breathing, meditation and exercise.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    My wife lost her upper dentures. I looked everywhere. Couldn't find it, but refused to get them replaced because I was pretty sure they would show up. It was probably 2 weeks later when one of our sons found them on the floorboard of our vehicle. You might want to rethink buying a new laptop for a while.
  • Phoenix1966
    Phoenix1966 Member Posts: 198
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Under the mattress?

In the oven? Or the storage drawer underneath?

In a crawl space?

In the fireplace?

Above the fridge?

Under a chair or couch cushion?

These were a few of my grandmother’s favorite spots. 

• dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    Between mattress and boxspring?

In an old suitcase or handbag?
  • saltom
    saltom Member Posts: 126
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    DH will put his wallet in a different pocket than usual and then be very upset it is stolen. Last time he accused the plumber (massive sewer issue - a whole other story) of taking the wallet. I checked DH's pockets, found the wallet, apologized to the plumber and all was well for that day except for not having any running water or being able to flush the toilet for several hours.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more