Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just wanted to say thanks

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Just wanted to say thank you for bringing me back down to earth re: my POA thread. I understand it is a losing battle if I continue to fight. Terei suggested that my time would be better spent focusing on my new life as a single man. Although I still feel as though I'm married, I'm also sure she is right. So thanks to everyone who posted.

I did hear back from my nephew who is a lawyer. He was primary caregiver for his mother, who just passed from alz about 4 months ago, and he understood why I was upset. He advised me not to go forward with anything because Indiana law goes overboard to protect the medical community, and does little for patients. I'm still upset with the way things are handled, but I have to get over it because I can't change it.

Comments

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

You have made a good and right decision there are things in life that we can change, and we should strive to do them, but also there are some things in life that no matter how much we  try we cannot change them, And the struggle and the energy it takes from us to fight losing battles is not worth it, so hopefully you can really put this behind you, and put your energy and time in taking care of yourself and your son that's what Carol would want you to do.

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    Ed, I'm glad you are back with us. I've learned a lot from you and others here. Those darn resentments can drive us crazy unless we can forget about them.  It doesn't matter right or wrong sometimes we just can't control them.  Hoot

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more