Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Anniversary gift for a chuckle

CStrope
CStrope Member Posts: 487
100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Last week was my 36th wedding anniversary.  Knowing that DH would not remember it at all, my son went to the store, bought a card, and put together the necessary components for Whisky Old Fashioned.  When I opened the card he had given DH to sign for me, there was a dollar bill in it.  I wasn't really sure if there was something behind this monetary gift so I just thanked him and smiled.  Later that evening my son told me that he was surprised by the $1 and wondered where dad got it!

It was sweet, and funny.  I so wish I could understand the thinking that went into it!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thank you for sharing
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Love it.
  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 524
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Keep sharing stories. They are good for a smile.

eagle

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

CStrope, happy belated anniversary. Knowing your husband gave you the dollar in the card is priceless! It’s not the dollar but the thought. It sure makes you wonder how their minds work. 

Cecil, we used to have chickens and I was the one to call them stupid chickens. My dh loved them. He had 2 that were so spoiled, ever where dh went those chickens would follow him. When dh would be on the mower, they would run beside him until he stopped the mower, then the stupid chickens jumped on the mower and sat in his lap! 

• Faith,Hope,Love
    Faith,Hope,Love Member Posts: 191
    100 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Joydean that is so funny!!!  I love the chicken story.  Thanks for making my day.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

When we were little, and sometimes when our children were little, an aunt, uncle, grandparent or parent would tuck a dollar bill into a card.  Back then,it really meant something. Somewhere inside himself, that bit of memory somehow may have wended its way into him and he did his best to make the most dear and thoughtful gift for you.

Very sweet story.

J.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Cstrope that's to good, happy belated 36. I love all the stories that followed. Love those chicken JD.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more