Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Still has a few abilities

I had brought my dw a few towels but only one color and I brought an example for her. Her work isn't as good but it only has minor imperfections. For 2 days she keep counting the towels. I left this morning after her breakfast, I had to mow. I got back this afternoon and lo and behold she had a towel done. Praise the Lord. She was in the hall when I got there with the pass around baby talking with a lady. I am gonna start giving her more time alone to get acclimated and socialize. 

Comments

• Faith,Hope,Love
    Faith,Hope,Love Member Posts: 191
    100 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary
    That's wonderful!!  The towel looks absolutely beautiful to me.  I'm so happy for you!!
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thanks I was really surprised. She had a mme the other night, that is so hard to watching tough on the pwd,  I am curious about the score. Her last slums was a 12. But I go with what she still has, not what she doesn't have. I was almost thinking of taking the towels home, but not now. I brought her another easy craft she likes, it's a coloring she does. She makes it look like a stain glass window. If she does one I'll post it. I am hoping this place is gonna work out!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    It's great that she can get into doing something like that. You've had a hard enough time. I hope this turns out to be the best place for her.
  • MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    That’s great!
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

What good news in that your dear wife seems to be settling in well, and what a wonderful thing in that she has been able to retain some of her craft capabilities.  It is a good idea you have to give her some space so that she can begin to acclimate a bit more as well as socializing and making connections with others more freely.  Well done - may this be a good care match.

How delighted you must have been to see the completed towel; the photo of it looks perfect. 

J.

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

TBE, so happy for your dw. Her towel looks beautiful. It’s so great she still enjoys doing her crafts. You might be right about giving her some time to socialize and meet others. Give her a little time and yourself also. Take care. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more