Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

She’s gone

David J
David J Member Posts: 479
100 Comments Third Anniversary
My dear wife passed away this afternoon. An accomplished attorney, a loving wife, and the best person I’ve ever met. 15 years after retiring from the law because of this awful disease. My dear, beautiful, caring girl is gone. I don’t know what I am going to do now. 47 years together, everything to each other, and no children. I am devastated and lost.

Comments

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    So sorry to hear! Know that she's in a good place now, and her suffering has ended. Hope you can start taking good care of yourself and live again. May the memories of her help to  keep her by your side and carry you through.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Dear David please except my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your precious wife. My prayers are with you and your family. May God give you peace and strength .
  • saltom
    saltom Member Posts: 126
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    David I'm so sorry about the loss of  your wife. She sounds like she was an amazing person. My sympathy is with you.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Dearest David, I am so deeply heartfelt sorry for the unimaginable grief of having lost your beloved wife who was such an amazing person.

May the recalling of how you cared and took care be some bit of solace to you as you face these difficult days.   You went the distance and cared so much; if she could tell you, she would say how much that meant and how much she loves you.

J.

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

David, I'm so sorry. Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

This disease is just so horrible. She's now at peace. 

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,321
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Dear David,  please accept my sincere condolences on your loss.  So many of us know how you are feeling tonight.   Maybe it might help just a bit to know that your dear wife is no longer in the throes of alzheimers.  She is well now, David, just as she was when you all got married. Knowing that is one thing that helped me get through my loss.  Take care and rest.  She's still with you, in your heart.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    David I know that there are no words I can say to ease your immense heartbreak. I will pray for you David. Your a faithful caregiver.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    David, I'm sorry for your loss. May you have strength in the coming days.
  • Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    David, I’m so sorry for your loss. Know you did all you could to care for her. And your postings here helped so many of us. Be patient with yourself during this transition. Taken care.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,411
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    I’m so sorry for your loss.  47 years is a long time and I know the last several have been extremely hard.  Please rest, grieve, take some time to step away from us and then come back when you are ready
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,724
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    David i am so sorry. We seem to be losing a lot of folks here in a short time span. I hope your memories of happier times will sustain you in time.
  • ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    David, my deepest sympathies for the loss of your dear wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Her suffering is over.
  • 60 falcon
    60 falcon Member Posts: 201
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes
    It's so hard David, I'm sorry.
  • Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

David, I am so sorry for the loss of your lovely wife. 

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

David,

My deepest sympathies to you on the loss of your wife.   I have followed your journey closely, and know what a faithful, devoted caregiver you’ve been—and a very generous and thoughtful contributor to this board of your reflections  and experiences.

It’s a blessing that your wife is no longer suffering, but you are shattered.   I hope your memories of many good years with your wife help, over time, to make you whole again.

Jeff

• DJnAZ
    DJnAZ Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    My sincere condolences. She is at peace now. I feel so bad for you and all of us that have lost, or will lose, our loved one to this insidious disease.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

David J, please accept my condolences in the loss of your beloved wife.

Iris L.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    David, My sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. May you find some peace in the days ahead.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    David, I'm so sorry. Praying for strength for the coming days followed by peace knowing you were a wonderful caregiver.
  • Faith,Hope,Love
    Faith,Hope,Love Member Posts: 191
    100 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Even though I'm fairly new here, please accept my most sincere condolences.  I pray God would comfort you in your time of grief.
  • John1965
    John1965 Member Posts: 104
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments
    I'm sorry. You have my sympathy.
  • Lills
    Lills Member Posts: 156
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions

I'm so sorry for your loss, David. My DH died 4 months ago today so I truly understand that losing a spouse is the most painful thing in the world and it seems so surreal.  

My condolences! 

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 854
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    David, I am so sorry.  Please know that you are in my prayers.
  • Davegrant
    Davegrant Member Posts: 203
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Care Reactions

David,

Sorry for your loss. Today  my wife and I  will celebrate our 54th wedding Anniversary. Your loss will cause me to be kinder and more loving. 

Dave

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    David, I am so sorry to learn of your DW’s  passing.  There is a lot of loss on this board lately, but that doesn’t make it any easier when you are the one bearing the burden.  I pray for peace going forward; your loss seems to be doubly hard when you have been everything to one another for so long.  Blessings.
  • nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

David, I am so sorry to hear of your beloved wife's passing. You will always miss her sweet  presence. 

• Lynne D
    Lynne D Member Posts: 276
    David, my condolences. She is at peace, and I wish for you to find peace as you move forward with her spirit inside you.
  • Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

David I am so sorry for your loss, and not having any children to share your suffering with makes it twice as hard to bear, also I feel that couples that do not have children have a much stronger bond to each other and a huge, huge, hole is left in their heart when one passes away.  I do hope you have family and friends that will help you through the days ahead. God’s Blessings to you.  Richard

• Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    David, I'm so sorry for your loss. May the Lord give you strength and peace at this time.
  • Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    I'm so sorry David, I pray you and your family find peace.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more