Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Invitations-clue me in

Forgot how to do it- That's a Finnish Genius for you!

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Click on my user name, then click on invite. Of course it won't work with mine because we are already connected.
  • Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    thanks Ed
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Shucks; and here I thought we were being invited to a party!  Grin.

As for Finnish genius; those Finns were amazingly genius on the Suicide Hill Ski Jump in Ishpeming; they often took the win and are included in the Ski Hall of Fame in Ishpeming.  Wonder if Suicide Hill Ski Jump is still there and functioning.

Okay; I just looked it up and it appears it is still there; sure brings up memories:

https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2022/02/05/1075890621/ishpeming-michigan-ski-jumping

J.

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

With me on skis is a laugh, years ago they tried to get me go on family outing cross country . I was in the snow trying to get up most of the time.  I'll stick to the snowshoes and in deep snow if you go thru it can be a chore getting back up.

In high school times a buddy of mine got me to go skieing with the old one strap  harness across the front.  I twisted one leg real bad with it  stuck in the snow. Another friend started to untwist me the wrong way. No  real damage but was home bound for 3-4 days may be longer.   This was the 1st time on skis.  The second time was 20 yrs later cross country skis   Hoot .

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more