Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Wife spilling Ensure

This didn't stop it but sure helped, I used a nail set and punched a hole in top so straw would just fit.  She just knocked her Pepsi over a full can almost , I don't know if she had taken a sip out of it . I had the drops in the straw,  Next can I will punch a hole for straw ,hope it works.  Hoot           I did scrub the nail set

Comments

• Faith,Hope,Love
    Faith,Hope,Love Member Posts: 191
    100 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary
    That's a great idea!  Good thinking.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,413
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

I have no idea if this works  or not,but it supposedly works as a straw holder 

https://bestlifeonline.com/soda-tab-hack/

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

I do that already but when dropped or knocked of table it doesn't do a thing to stop can from emptying real quick. With a small opening that just fits straw you won't lose too much, that is if you see fall..  

Now the next fix to think about is to stop her from throwing corn dog on floor. That is going to take some good hard Finnish thinking,  Only one I can think of is to put crazy glue on stick on corn dog.  Hoot

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Quilting brings calm wrote:

I have no idea if this works  or not,but it supposedly works as a straw holder 

https://bestlifeonline.com/soda-tab-hack/

That was the first thing I thought of too. But I'm sure using the nail set would have a much better chance of containing the liquid.

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,365
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    Hoot-

Be careful of straws if your wife has difficulty swallowing. It is very easy to silently aspirate using a straw because the liquid can flood the back of the throat before the epiglottis has time to seal off the windpipe. 

HB
  • Camellia
    Camellia Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    I found an adult plastic sippy cup with sturdy base and 2 handles that stopped the spilling. On Amazon, don’t think was too costly. Good luck!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more