Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

They are planning on sending her home

13»

Comments

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Thanks everybody, it sure helps when others have us in their prayers. I was able to keep my mind off stuff for a while when we were out on the lake. Fish didn't cooperate very much. But the break helped a lot.  Hoot

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,413
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Hoot- 

The last few months  have really been a roller coaster for you and your wife.  I’m praying for peace for all of your family. 

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hoot, you continue to do the very best that can be done under the circumstances with what is at hand and you continue to keep your wife's care and best interest as your primary concern. 

My heart goes out to you; though we may not be in your eye's sight, know that we are there at your shoulder with you in spirit.

With warmest thoughts once again being sent your way for you and your dear family,

J.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 854
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Hoot, you and your dear wife are in my prayers.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Hoot, praying for you, your wife, and your children. Your love and care for your dear wife shows in every post you make. What a wonderful caregiver you are.
  • Hoot619

Thanks all, I did check back just now to make sure they discontinued IV.  Sleep last night was on and off, Did a lot of thinking of Jan and sent a few prayers up. 

My daughter is coming back up today, She is not getting much sleep at home. Mom on her mind all the time

This forum has helped me tremendously letting me know what to do and that I'm not alone going through this.  There are a lot of tears here but ever so often some laughter that comes out.They both make my day. 

My other fellowship also knows what I am going thru. They know if I don't get it out and share it bad things can happen.  MY meetings keep me sober and with you people on the right track. Thanks again I can't thank you enough for helping me thru this. Hoot

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

I feel so bad for you I pray for you and your wife I pray that she passes quickly and peacefully. my wife also quit eating, but she would drink ensure and smoothies she did this for two months and then she just drank less and less, she stopped drinking completely and six days later she passed peacefully. You made a good decision and a right decision by taking the Ivy out basically that just extends her suffering. You have been in excellent caregiver to your wife ,you've had more of your share and struggles with her. Never let yourself get down or have regrets about things you may have done or may not have done or things you wished you would have done differently. I can tell by reading your post the love that you had for her. God’s Blessings to you and your family in the days ahead. Richard

• Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He shine his face upon you and be gracious to you; may the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6:24-26

• Battlebuddy
    Battlebuddy Member Posts: 331
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Hoot, I am so sorry. 

You have been a caring and hard working care giver. It is my understanding that when they reach the stage where they stop eating and drinking , the body is saying it’s had enough. Like Hospice Nurse Julie says on Tik Tok,   “ the body knows what to do” The process from here on is natural and God built a system so that death will come peacefully. Praying that is so. 

Sending you love and prayers.  

• Hoot619
    Your comments and prayers have been very helpful. I'm going to see her for a while and will stop at funeral home on the way home. Might as well get that part started. I just hope and pray that she goes fast. Hoot
  • Hoot619

Made my 9 AM meeting and then stopped to see Jan. She had her eyes open ever so often and was clutching her favorite blanket. I had her black bear in my hands and she grabbed from me and was starting to get a little upset. Before that I told her I love her.. I left before it got worse.  Hoot             Went and saw Jennifer at camp on the Tahquamenon River last night I was lonesome we played cribbage talked about  her Mom .  I skunked her and next game she was going to skunk me but somehow she started using my pegs.  Saved me a skunk.

I'm feeling better today, her being around really helps as with my son and family. I'd hate to go thru this alone and all of you are helping too. Hoot

• dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

She doesn’t sound close to passing at all.  I’m concerned about what the hospital is planning to do, if she has weeks left I don’t think they’re planning to keep her there.

If the behavior is no longer a problem, what is the reason no facility will take her?  I’m just concerned you’re going to get “the letter” soon telling you after a certain date costs are on you.  Truthfully, she doesn’t sound like she’s planning to leave anytime soon.  Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

• Hoot619
    We already have been told costs are on me, haven't received a letter yet.  How long can a person go without food or water?  If the hospital can't place her just how am I suppose to. Places around here are few and far between.  Hoot
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ben you are doing everything you can do right now.  Prayers for you and your family. 

• Hoot619
    Just returned from seeing her, sleeping and seems more peaceful not moving hands and arms as much. They put her in another room but let me know before I got to old room. They have the birds sounds chirping in her room. I liked that.  Hoot
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Hoot, the sound of birds can be very relaxing. Sounds like she is resting and being agitated. Hope you are getting some rest too.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more