Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Mini Rant

The details don't matter.  Today I just had a series of things happen that actually had me holding my head in my hands and telling the wall "I can't *DO* this anymore".

Of course I can, and I will, but....come on already.......it's just ridiculous that this is my life.

Comments

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Robert, you aren't the only one going thru that. I think everybody at one time or another feels the same way. With me every almost every thing I tried to do in the last 3 months didn't work  I finally had to turn her care over to someone else.

I hope things work out better for you and yours.  This forum works if we let it. Good advice freely given by others who have experienced what we are currently going thru.  I wish I had used their advice way earlier.  Hoot

• Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    I think that is the criteria for being in this club. Herding cats would be way easier.
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Robert, I was thinking similarly this morning, wondering how long I can keep doing this.  Of course, there’s no answer except, ‘till I can’t.’
    I guess we don’t know where our limits lie until we reach them.  
    Hang in there.  We get it.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney