Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

It's good

Yesterday I visited dw and got home about 10am. And like everyone here I have a to do list. I had a large popular tree fall about a month ago. It was dead. It was along our creek and it fell across the fence so I had cut it out from the fence and put it back up. Our neighbors have cattle so I just did the right thing. Now the root ball was in the creek and at the base about 15 or 20 ft wide. If I left it in the creek it would have washed out around it and taken a sizable chuck of land. I had a neighbor about 15 years ago whose pond lost its dam and it changed the course of the creek on my farm. I was sure if i left that stump in the creek that was gonna happen again. So I got my chain saws and ropes and the tractor with a backhoe and 4 hrs later it was done and I made a bridge out of the middle section of the tree which was solid.

It's  hard to tell from pictures how big or deep anything is. The creek where I put the bridge is 8 feet deep, the tree I put in is 30inches in dia. And weigh 3000lb at least and 12 foot long.

It felt good to accomplish a big task in one shot, without worrying about my dw. 

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    You accomplished a great deal, Stewart. That's a big job. It had to feel good that you didn't have to hurry back to the house. Good job!
  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 524
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Wow, that was a big job. That had to feel good to accomplish.

eagle

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    I don't care about the tree BUT any trout in the creek?  You sure got a lot done and I bet it felt good.  Hoot
  • caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Good for you!  It does feel good getting something done and not having to worry about LO.  The hard part is getting motivated to do it!
  • Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    Oh yes Stewart it's always good being outside and doing a little manual labor. I just got done repairing our deck next to the shop. It was hot outside, but afterward it looked good and I felt good. You done the neighborly thing fixing his fence, sure don't see to many folks doing that anymore. Good Job.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more