Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Elder law answers

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Researching Medicare or Medicaid? Google Wants to Help

Google has announced changes to the search experience for users seeking information about Medicare and Medicaid eligibility and enrollment.

Read More...

No Will? You're Putting Your Kids at Risk

As the recent death of Anne Heche shows us, not having a will can place a significant burden on your children and cause undesirable complications.

Read More...

Will Medicare Pay for Housekeeping Services?

Coverage of housekeeping services can depend on several factors.

Read More...

Skilled Nursing Facilities vs. Nursing Homes: What's the Difference?

Although skilled nursing facilities and nursing homes sound similar, they have fundamental differences, including the level of medical care they provide.

Read More...

When We Sell Our Mother's Home, Will We Have to Pay Medicaid Back for the Cost of Her Nursing Home Care?

My mother has limited life use of her home. The home was put in her children's names six years ago. She will be going into a nursing home next month. She is on Medicaid. When the children sell the house, do they have to pay Medicaid back [...]

Read More...

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Great info and user friendly language for once...

I really need to carefully read all my "documets" and see what they might cover. One would think that if plan C covers some housekeeping that plan F might too.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more