Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Years ago in hospital

Years ago I was in the hospital for 2-3 days back door plumbing needed readjustment. I had a room mate his wife was in to see him and mine was also.

She was going out to get him something and asked me if I wanted anything. I said sure I do, 4 Roses . She said to my wife isn't that nice he wants flowers.  My wife said NO, he wants whiskey.

Needless to say she didn't bring me any.  My wife and I used to laugh at that ever so often in later years after I sobered up.  Hope this brings a smile to your faces. Hoot   

when I got home last night there were 2 deer cleaning up the apples in front yard . it has been 3-4 years since we have seen them close to the house. Dog was on front porch, deer were on other side of buried dog wire.  Must have been a cross wind neither deer nor dog smelled each other.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    That's a good one, Hoot. We have deer frequently in or near our yard, and I always enjoy seeing them. I'm glad you can still find something entertaining, with all you're going through.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I love watching the deer. We have quite a lot that come across our back field and they seem to like just hanging around. Our dog will bark at anything except the deer. She too seems to enjoy watching them.  Hoot glad you saw the deer!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more