Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

John1965

You said in another thread that tomorrow you would be placing your DW in an MCF (or today according to this site's time stamps). 

I wish you the best and hope that it goes as uneventfully as mine did three weeks ago. BTW I visit her every day starting with the day after placement. On placement day the MCF arranged a separate lunch for my DW, my daughter, myself, and the director. Then the director in a very kind manner, took her off to an activity. DW went without looking back. Tears on my part, but she has been OK there since. 

Best of luck to you. I believe you are doing the right thing based on the rationale you have previously given.  Let us know how it goes. 

Comments

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 683
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

John, thanks for sharing your experience on the thread I had started about researching MCFs. Wishing you a smooth placement! (I still have a long way to go...)

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    My thoughts are with you, John, on this very challenging day. I hope your DW accepts placement and that you find relief and peace along with other, tougher emotions.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Me too John.  Be prepared, coming home to that very quiet house is hard.  Will be thinking about you, do let us know how it goes.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    John, please check back with us to let us know how things go. Wishing the best for both of you.
  • Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    MI mentioned empty house and the tears are still running. I'm glad you have placed in MC, it will get you refreshed and help you with quality time with her.
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

John,

Best of luck today for a smooth transition.  Just know you are doing the right thing for both of you. Stay strong. It will get better, I promise.   

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more