Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I got Covid!

DH has been in Memory care for 5 weeks. I had been over there everyday to eat lunch with him and also to check that they are giving him the correct medications etc. He has fallen 2 x since he was there and had to go one time to the ER to get stitches over his eye.

I have been under such stress and felt very tired and Monday I took a Covid test and tested positive. I am on Paxlovid. Very weak with sore throat,congestion, headache, muscle pain etc. Of course I can't visit DH. This just seems like the final blow to me and I am praying he doesn't pass away soon because at this point I am too exhausted to even plan his funeral. He is 92 and I am 82.

Comments

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 444
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    Oh, elshack, I’m so sorry! I wish I could bring you some chicken soup! On one hand, you probably caught it from the mcf. On the other hand, thank goodness your DH is in the mcf so that you can take care of yourself while recovering from Covid!
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Sorry you are dealing with Covid on top of everything else. I hope you have a quick recovery.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Elshack sorry to hear you've got covid on top of all your others troubles. Your husband is in good hands. Take the rest you need and recover. I am praying for you both.

Stewart

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm sorry you have to put up with this now. It's a blessing that you don't have to take care of him too. Praying for a speedy recovery for you.
  • Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    I'll echo what the rest said and keep you in my prayers.
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Elshack,

I am sorry this has happened to you.  I hope you are feeling better soon, but beware not to overdo it.  Hopefully, you have someone to wait on you for a few days.  My daughter, a healthy, active, fully vaxxed 40-something contracted COVID in the Spring and it knocked her for a loop.  Be sure you are fully recuperated; your DH is in good hands,  you take care of yourself.  

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    El shack, I’m so sorry that you’re sick. Try and get a lot of rest so it doesn’t linger. I thought Covid was supposed to be over, but more people that I know are getting it now than ever before, even though though most are vaccinated. I will be praying for both you and your husband.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Elshack, that dang Covid just doesn’t want to stay away. Sorry you are now having to deal with this. Hope you take this time to take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more