Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

She doesn't deserve this.

I came here to post a long virtual rant but I'm just too tired. After a good week 2 weeks ago where my wife and I rented a condo at the shore just to watch the water, this past week has been so hard culminating in a major breakdown for her this evening. All I can say is "She doesn't deserve this". I know no one else does either. I'm so tired. Now off to bed.

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

rlpete sorry to hear about the breakdown. None of this is easy. I hope you got some sleep and are feeling refreshed. 

Stewart

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    I agree with your saying, She doesn't deserve this. I hope you got some good sleep. Just maybe some day they will find a cure for this disease.   This disease has been on a rapid growth effecting more people all the time.  I hope today is a better day for you and your wife. Hoot
  • rlpete
    rlpete Member Posts: 33
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    Thank you for the responses. I did get a better sleep last night. I was so exhausted that I slept past 9:00 AM. Late for me. My wife slept well past that. One thing I am happy about is that she sleeps great these days. She needs it. She had a better day today. Going to see her best friend tomorrow so that should make for a good day. One day at a time.
  • Faith,Hope,Love
    Faith,Hope,Love Member Posts: 191
    100 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Hang in there rlpete.  I'm glad yesterday was a better day for you.  I pray today is also!!
  • Paris20
    Paris20 Member Posts: 502
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    I understand this comment. I feel the same way about my husband. He worked so hard all his life, first in a family business, then returning to the university to earn a PhD. He taught for many years, earning several teaching awards. He wrote books, served in administration, and was Mr Fixit at home. His love for me, our kids, and our grandkids was infinite. Now he is little more than a shell. His only visible emotion is anger. Everything that he was is ebbing away. It seems so unfair, so cruel. He does not deserve this.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more