Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Thank you, Hoot

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
Thanks for letting me know about the letter you wrote to your father. It's been just a little over three months since my wife passed, and I wrote a letter to her this morning. The tears flowed more than they have since the day she died. But I got it out, and I hope she sees it.

Comments

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Ed, I thought they were nuts when they suggested it. I found out they knew what they were talking about.I'm glad you got things said to her.

Now I know I have another to write, I am heading out to deer camp and spend the night do supper out there. A buddy and his wife send over a meat loaf and baked beans. I'm taking that with me. Coffee and pop I don't allow my self to have booze in camp.

It got cold here last night 26 last I saw. Will do a little cleaning, (darn little) get the wood heater going and may even heat the steam bath. It's been almost 2 years since I stayed there over night. Last was 17th of Nov deer season 2d day , My son came out and said Mom wanted me home.  Hoot

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ed and Hoot, I can relate to those letters. Several years ago I was encouraged to write one to my mom. I barely knew her and had so many questions for her. She never answered a single one. But I wrote the letter, poured my heart out in it. Cried a lot of tears and then went outside and burned the letter and buried the ashes. Strangely I felt better .  Glad you’re both writing!
  • Hoot619

ED and Joy,

I wrote 2 pages at camp, I think I'm going keep it going for a while. It's a new part of my life that I'm going thru. I let her know what was happening with her Funeral arrangements. How the kids are doing etc.   Yes the tears were there and they are flowing pretty good now. I know it is going to take time for me to be ok.  I know she was real happy with my 40 Yrs sobriety today.

• Ed1937
    Hoot, I'm glad you have it started. Congrats on 40 years. That's quite an accomplishment.
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

Hoot,

Congratulations on 40 years of sobriety.  You have faced many trials and temptations in those years, and have proved to be a man of strength and resolve.

I am sure your DW is very proud of you and sharing the news in heaven.

• Hoot619
    Hi all, it is getting easier have about 6 pages written at camp. I'm starting to get the good memories back from way before.
  • Ed1937
    Hoot, that's fantastic. I'm glad for you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more