Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

End of phone solicitation

Kevcoy
Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

For the longest period whenever the phone rings and just a phone number shows up with no name we don't answer because it might be a solicitor.  We still have a land line and it seems like that is all that call that number.  Anyway for the past few weeks my DH has been confusing our house with a business for some reason.  He talks about the employees and company moral quite a bit.  The other day though he answered the phone that didn't have a name associated with it, so I listened to his side of the conversation.  Some of the lines he was throwing out were, Will I need to hire more employees?  What's the profit loss margin?  I think you will have to have your supervisor talk to my supervisor before making any decisions.  Then he looked at me rather bewildered and said, "They hung up on me."

I laughed and thought that maybe I'll have him answer those calls all the time now.

Comments

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Kevcoy, can I borrow him?
  • MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    Yes, you could hire him out!  Too funny.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Kevcoy thank you for sharing! That’s just too funny. Sorry he was disappointed because they hung up on him but what a wonderful time he must have had. 

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Priceless!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Twin Mom
    Twin Mom Member Posts: 81
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    This also works well in a neighborhood where people proselytize.  My hubby who never had any interest in door-knockers is now willing to throw open the door and listen to their message as long as they want to preach.  They usually turn tail and run faster than if I tell them we are not interested.  I have to say he really enjoys the interactions and will talk about it for hours and hoping they will soon come back.  We haven't seen any repeats since I started letting him lead the conversations.   One way I get a frequent laugh.  Not to be disrespectful to those supporting their beliefs, but I am grumpy with all of the interruptions.
  • mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Well Kevcoy,

You're not the only one who needed a chuckle

Michele

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thanks for the chuckle.
  • billS
    billS Member Posts: 180
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments
    Kevcoy I think you've found the perfect way to make your husband feel useful!
  • saltom
    saltom Member Posts: 126
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    Publishers Clearing House told me I just won over two million dollars.  Wish I had your DH to answer that one. I love the few and far between laughs that keep us going. Thanks for posting.
  • nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Kevcoy, thanks for the smiles today.  It was very uplifting.  

I am curious, did your husband have his own company in the past?  He sounds like he did. 

Yes, I'd want him answering my phone, also! ha

We have call screening, so we rarely get unsolicited calls from people we don't know. I also have a no solicitation sign  on my front door,  which keeps most sales people away.  

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Your husband can come and answer my phone anytime.

I get calls about my ducts, my Microsoft computer (is that even a thing), Canada Revenue Agency cancelling my social insurance number (scam) etc. Sometimes if I am bored I will push one and get someone in Bangalore. I usually ask them to put the phone outside the window as it is the only way I am getting India anytime soon. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more