Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

My turn to announce…

French
French Member Posts: 445
100 Comments Second Anniversary

I read lot of bad news, that were for some a relief, for others a huge emptiness, a terrible tear…

He left us yesterday evening, just after I left his room ant launched Clapton CD. Perhaps, even sedated, he felt I was now ready.

Strangely, I seem to be the less devastated. I think I cried so much for 4 1/2 years that I was at the end of the tank. I just feel empty. I know that I'm going to break down during the ceremony, next Monday when I will see everybody crying there.

Comments

• Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    French,       I'm so sorry for you but his suffering is over. You wouldn't want him back the way he was.  I look at my wife's chair and she isn't in it any more.  My love for her is coming back to me now that this dreadful disease is gone.
  • Lynne D
    Lynne D Member Posts: 276
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

French, I am so sorry for your loss.  How you feel is understandable; there is no “right” way to feel.

I meditate on these words and it helps me:

I acknowledge my grief 

As a witness of my love

As a testament of my strength

And as a guide, leading me towards my highest being

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    French my sincere condolences on the passing of your partner. Glad for him because his suffering is over. Prayers for you and your family, for peace and strength for the coming days.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,365
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes
    French-

I am so sorry. Please be gentle with yourself as you move forward.

HB
  • ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    French I am so sorry. I know that he had been suffering for a long time, but this latest setback was just so sudden that it probably makes it harder for you. May he rest in peace and may you feel some peace as well.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

French, please accept my condolences in your loss.

Iris

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    French, My sincere condolences on the loss of your husband. You were a great caregiver & advocate during his journey. May you find some peace in the days ahead.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    French, I'm so sorry for your loss. You both had a tough journey through all of this and you were an amazing caregiver. May the Lord bless you.
  • loveskitties
    loveskitties Member Posts: 1,078
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions

French, I am so sorry about the passing of your LO.

You and he endured much on this journey.

He is now at peace...may you find yours in the good memories of your time together.

Hugs.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    French, I'm so sorry for your loss. You did an outstanding job caregiving, and that's something you can take with you. I wish you peace in the coming times.
  • Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 683
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary
    My condolences, French! Let the tears flow if you need to and be comforted in knowing that the suffering is over.
  • A. Marie
    A. Marie Member Posts: 118
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    French, I am so sorry--both for your partner's passing and for the terrible experiences you have had in the past few years. But his suffering is over, and I send best wishes that your suffering will also now decrease.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    French I too am sorry--for you and your sons and all you have been through.  I am glad his suffering is at an end.  You did a phenomenal job negotiating the healthcare and justice systems for him.  May you find solace and peace in the days ahead.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Though expected, it is with sadness to hear such news; I extend condolences to you and your Partner's sons.  You did all that could be done under the circumstances with the challenges that came to be.  You rose to each occasion and have gone the distance.  May solace and peace be with you.

When you have time, let us know how you are doing; we will be thinking of you.

J.

• 60 falcon
    60 falcon Member Posts: 201
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Likes
    I'm sorry French.
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

May the angels lead him into Paradise; may the martyrs come to welcome him and take him to the holy city, the new and eternal Jerusalem.

French, I am so sorry.  Both of you deserve now to rest.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,413
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    I’m so sorry for your family’s loss.  I’m sorry that he had to endure what he endured for so long.   You’ve been grieving for quite some time, while also trying to advocate for him and  your sons. You must feel exhausted.   It’s okay  to feel numb.  It will be okay if you grieve later or if you move forward with peace.  Whatever your feeling are is right for you.
  • mrl
    mrl Member Posts: 166
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Oh French, 

I am so sorry. You are a wonderful caregiver. I pray for you both

Michele

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,444
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    I wish I had something elegant and helpful to say but I am at a loss

we share your pain  
  • MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    I’m so sorry French.  I know you miss him.
  • Twin Mom
    Twin Mom Member Posts: 81
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments

I am sorry for your loss.  I hope you will be comforted knowing he is no longer in torment.

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Deepest condolences to you, French, on the loss of your partner.   It’s been an extraordinarily challenging journey for you and your partner, and you have been a heroic caregiver and advocate.

Wishing you peace in the weeks and months ahead.  His suffering has ended.  I hope yours eases, in time.

• JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

(((French)))  My heart breaks for you. I am at a loss for exactly what to say, but know I'm thinking of you.  

I'm sure Monday will be hard, but I also hope that those around you share all their fond memories and that it brings you peace.

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

French I am so sorry for you loss. You have managed so well over so many obstacles of what seemed insurmountable conditions and did a fine job for your partner. Praying for you comfort and peace now, 

Stewart

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

French,

I am so sorry, you helped him so much with so much love and now he is free from pain and this awful disease. Please take care of you and your sons. I wish you peace.

• Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Dear French, 

As all have said you have been such a fighter for your dear partner...you never gave up. I know you have had all the support on this site...across the ocean. We all care for you and you have fought the good fight. As much as we all think we can fight this terrible disease, in the end there is defeat. However, all the love that comes through with the wonderful responses and help on this site makes this disease a little easier to tolerate. You are a wonderful person who advocated for your partner...may he rest in  peace.

• CD5
    CD5 Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments
    I am deeply sorry for your loss and all that you have been through. Sending hugs and prayers.
  • jmlarue
    jmlarue Member Posts: 511
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    So very sorry, French. Words always fail me in the face of such sad news. Just know that I will hold you and your dear departed in my thoughts and prayers. You are a model of strength and enduring love for all of us.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 854
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    French, I am so sorry.  His suffering is over.  You have been an amazing caregiver.  Now may you find peace and rest in the coming days.  Sending hugs and prayers.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more