Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Heads up about Amazon

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
I'm sure this also applies to other sites too. I've been browsing new computers. I found a youtube video on one computer that I kinda watched. The video was from 2020, and the price of the computer was $548.00. There was also a link to Amazon for this particular computer. Same specs, but the price is now listed at $699.00! I know there is inflation, but I also know it's 2 years older now. These places like Amazon know people might be considering a purchase, and they are waiting for the big sales. So if they can make people think they are really getting a deal, well.......... Do your homework, regardless where you buy from. Acer Aspire TC-885-UA92 Desktop 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

Ed, I’ve found the same thing, particularly on computers and other electronic devices. Sometimes it may be due to different sellers through Amazon that have different pricing. Other times I think there are older models that got a lot of very good reviews, making them more popular. Then you could get into a supply vs demand issue. 

Has anyone noticed a lot of price increases on pet food on Amazon?

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

MaggieMae, I have noticed a small increase in prices of cat food, but mostly a huge lack of supply and empty shelves.

Iris

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Iris, that’s why we order pet food online, usually in cases of 12 cans. The prices are better and shipping is generally fast. But prices are going up online as well as in the stores. We use Amazon and Chewy. We’re also able to order lactated ringers solution and needles for a cat with kidney disease that we give sub-q fluids to every other day.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more