Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

O.T Blues

https://youtu.be/op3AfST9Nnc

I happen to like blues music. I find the lyrics meaningful and the instrumentals gripping. A good blues guitar always gets my attention. Strangely, I feel better when I listen to the blues. The above link is to Joe Bonamassa playing and singing Sloe Gin. I hope you enjoy it. 

David

Comments

• David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary

For those who don’t like to listen to the blues, the lyrics may still have meaning. 

Sloe gin, sloe ginTryin' to wash away the pain insideWell, I'm sick and I'm all done inAnd I'm standin' in the rainAnd I feel like I'm gonna cry
    I'm so darn* lonelyAnd I ain't even highI'm so darn* lonelyAnd I feel like I wanna die
    Mayday, MaydayI've been shot down over stormy seaWell, I feel like I'm driftin' awayCan't seem to get a grip on meNow I can't even try
    I'm so darn* lonelyAnd ain't even highI hate to go home aloneBut what else is newI'm so darn* lonely
    I hate to go home aloneBut what else is newI'm so darn* lonely
    You stand there bleedin'People pass me byNo matter if you liveNo matter if you die
    Sloe gin, sloe ginTryin' to wash away the pain insideWell, I'm sick and I'm all done inI'm standin' in the rainAnd I feel like I'm gonna die
    I'm so darn* lonelyAnd ain't even highI'm so darn* lonely
    Sloe gin, honey

Baby, come and get the best of me

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    And if you like a blues guitar, it's hard to beat Joe Bonamassa. Good stuff.
  • mommyandme (m&m)
    mommyandme (m&m) Member Posts: 1,468
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Saw Joe Bonamassa a year ago at Red Rocks Amphitheater.  So incredibly good! Thank you!
  • MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    Yes, good blues is like having a good cry, and knowing that you’re not the only one.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Great guitar. Made me think about some old hendrix stuff.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more