Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Something a little different, but may be appreciated

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
I know we have a couple of members who have pets that may not live much longer. The loss of a pet can be devastating. My daughter told me about a place that provides counseling for people who have lost pets, and are having a hard time. She had a dog that had to be put down, and she grieved quite a long time with that. She used this service (by phone), and she highly recommends it. I think it's a free service, and I thought I'd pass the information on here. https://vetmedbiosci.colostate.edu/argus/  

Comments

• Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,498
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ed thank you and your daughter for sharing this information. We lost our beloved little lady over 12 years ago and I grieved for her a long time, even said I could never go through that again. I never wanted another pet until 2 years ago when my daughter brought our current little girl to us. Honestly I didn’t want to love her or keep her but now I can’t imagine life without her!
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Thanks for sharing this very important help, Ed.  I consulted pet grief counseling from UC Davis Veterinary School (in California) years ago.  If it is still offered, it is another option for grieving guardians.  You will have to search for the exact website.

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney