Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Discouraged. Just a vent.

2»

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    That's great, M1. I hope it continues for a looooong time.
  • Northeaster
    Northeaster Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Care Reactions First Anniversary
    So glad you had a good visit today. Little "wins" help in this journey.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    So glad the visit went well!
  • ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    That definitely sounds like a win, M1. I think seeing her more often is a good thing. You were at a good point before you got sick and missed several days and now just have to get back to that point again. Although she can’t go home, she at least will know that she gets to spend time with you on a regular basis.
  • DJnAZ
    DJnAZ Member Posts: 139
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

M1...your idea with the photos is perfect. I did something similar. Several years ago I scanned all of our prints, over 3500, and stored them on Google Photos. About a year ago I received an email from Google promoting their Photo Books that could be made from my stored pics. The first book I made for my wife was 60 pages of photos that covered a range such as pets, places we've lived, our travels, friends, relatives, etc.

My wife is a dog lover and the second Photo Book I made for her is 90 pages of pics of her pets from when she was a child up to our last Cairn Terrier (in my profile picture) that passed away 2 years ago. She loves both books and I'm in the process of making another with pics of her, me and us covering the 34 years we've been together.

She carries her photo books around the facility and will show them to anyone willing to look. The staff tell me she always has her books with her. She also has a phone that also has thousands of our pics on it, but she has basically forgotten how to use her phone.

The photo books can be in soft or hard cover and the quality of the printing is very good. You can even caption each pic with descriptions. The books are priced per page and are not expensive. They even color correct old and out of focus pics. If anyone is interested I have posted a link (I hope it works) and recommend checking it out.

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/7378811?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

One step forward, two steps back--tried again today (was going to increase visits at their suggestion) and complete bust, had to leave within 10 minutes.  Completely furious with me from the minute she saw me.  No diverting (took more pictures, she refused to look at them).

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    M1, I wouldn’t give up. In another day or two she probably won’t remember this. Is there a time of day when she’s in a better mood? Could you do FaceTime on a phone or tablet from home for a couple days?

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more