Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Daja vu

For the last three days every morning my dw says this is Daja vu. How much she can remember from day to day? She says it is like a dream.  This makes me wonder how far along is she? Why do I question myself. She doesn't remember me being here if I leave for a few hours. It is a pretty solid routine everyday. I come and go,without any trouble for her, but leaving for me is like losing her every time. Death by departure. I am so thankful I was able to get her where she is. It is almost a month and she is getting settled a little more each day, I counted the days she's been gone 97 how fast each week goes. Daja vu is my new normal.

Comments

• Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Hey TBE, more like ground hog day. Same first day. Over and over and over.....
  • Hoot619
    Hoot619 Member Posts: 342
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary

Toolbelt, Why count the days, just be glad she is doing OK and you are getting some rest and getting some things done.  You are seeing her each day and it's quality time with her. You know she is also getting good care. 

You have to remember that weather you knew it or not 24/7 care was slowly dragging you down. I/ve been there and experienced it, it would have been a lot better for me if I would have had Jan in MC and could have spent some good quality time with her. I hate to say it but her last 3 months or more ,it was hell on me.No quality time at all.  Maybe one day there will be a cure or something for it, until there is we have to do our best with and for our Loved One.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more