Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

What a weekend, and it's only Sunday

Kevcoy
Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Started out Saturday morning with a phone call from our SIL that DH's mom had fallen again.  They found her nude, face down in her living room with the bookcase on the ground as well.  They took her to the hospital and found nothing was broken but she did have pneumonia and Covid.  I asked my BIL to not say anything to DH because there is nothing he could do and with the Covid the hospital won't let anyone see her.  I'm just worried sick about her after care.  Because of our past and what I'm dealing with my DH, I can't have her here.  My SIL feels the same way about our MIL so it should be interesting.

Next there was the issue of the missing keys.  I've put an Airtag on DH's keys and it has come in very handy finding where he could have placed his keys.  For months he has been very good about putting them in the top drawer in the front hall table.  This past week has proven to not be the case.  I've found the keys in a shoe, wrapped up in a bandana and shoved into the back of my desk drawer but yesterday was something else.  I could hear the beeping of the Airtag very faintly in the living room and was searching everywhere.  A little bit later I heard a mans voice in the kitchen saying, "Oh you have a really nice house here."  I'm thinking who in the world is that?  Come to find out DH went out the back door and found two men working on a car a few houses down and asked them to come over and take the front door off.  I thanked them and opened the front door so they could leave.

I finally found the keys this morning under a cushion on the sofa in a box so that is why I couldn't hear it very well.

Comments

• MaryG123
    MaryG123 Member Posts: 393
    100 Comments 5 Likes
    Oh my gosh, Kevcoy!  I hope things have settled down a bit.  I guess he figured if the door was off, he wouldn’t need the keys.  Poor guy.  I’m sorry you have to deal with this.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more