Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Inexpensive home camera to watch LO with Iphone when I'm at work?

My wife has EO and is home alone 2 days per week while I work.  I would like to set up cameras in the living room and kitchen to check in on her with my Iphone.  Can anyone recommend an inexpensive set up that I can use with my Iphone to get real time decent quality video?

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Suka and welcome; I have no knowledge of cameras, but if you place your question on both the Caregivers and Spouse/Partner Forums, you will get some very good input.  This particular Forum does not get a lot of traffic and cameras are often discussed on the other two Forums mentioned.

J.

• Suka9
    Suka9 Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments
    Thanks. I did and got a response!
  • ChrisF1
    ChrisF1 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I just purchased Ring cameras, they work great, east to set up  and inexpensive
  • Suka9
    Suka9 Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments
    My daughter got me a Blurams PTZ dome camera.  It's awesome!  I'm able to watch and listen to my LO from my iPhone and even talk to her through the speaker in the camera.  There is a slight delay but it works well.  I found out she was sneaking sugar.  She's diabetic so I had to hide the sugar.  It was fairly easy to set up.
  • Aroberson
    Aroberson Member Posts: 10
    Second Anniversary First Comment

You need to get all the sugar and processed foods out of the house. There are several replacements that can be used that while they are a little more expensive you can also cook with.  It’s a hard transition but it can be done.  I would ask for help from anyone you can. The brain can run fine on ketones alone with minimal oxidative stress unlike glucose.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874681/#abstract-1title

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more