Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Lady Texan(4)

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
I just received a PM from her. She is becoming actively involved her mother, who has Alz. Lady has been having a rough time lately, but she might become active in the Caregiver's forum before long. She is a strong woman, and her experience will be helpful for all involved. One thing she asked of me: "Please pass along my regards to the caregiver heroes." So there you are.

Comments

• toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thanks Ed for that update. She had mentioned she might be involved in caregiving for a family member after her dh passed. I continue my prayers for her and as many as I remember everyday. Lady is a special person and her post were uplifting, because she found something to be thankful for. 

Stewart

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,680
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thank you Ed.  I wonder about her from time to time.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,726
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Also glad to know.  Please give her my regards if you correspond further.
  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,413
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thank you for the update.  LT is missed and we will be glad have her post in either forum. It has got to be extremely hard to dive back into caregiving for her mom  after having  gone through it with her spouse.  I believe she has a sibling and a father, but still, they all have to be both fatigued and suffering from PTSD already. .
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Ed, thank you for the update on LT. My prayers are with her. She has been and is an inspiration to me during this caregiving process. DH is in his last hours on Hospice and her words have kept coming to mind, especially for being grateful even in the midst of heartache. She is one of a kind and very much appreciated.
  • Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 444
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    Add my voice to pass good thoughts on to LT. I think of her often, both hoping she’s doing ok and remembering her attitude of gratitude!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more