Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

For Newcomers

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Congrats! You found a good place here to help you get through this mess. You will get a lot of help and understanding here that is hard to find. There is always someone here who is or was going through whatever you are going through now, and we "get it".

If you are about to make your first post, asking for help, just ranting, or introducing yourself, please start a new topic (thread), instead of posting on an ongoing thread. Many times if you post on an ongoing thread, you will get less people seeing your post, so you may not get any replies. Starting a new topic (thread) will get the most exposure for your posts, and will be more helpful to both you and the rest of the forum. Of course if your first post is in response to an ongoing thread, please feel free to post there. It's always best to keep posts on topic if possible. But we've probably all been guilty of going off topic at one time or another. It's best to keep that to a minimum.

To make a new topic, look at the next post here. I'll put an image showing where to start a new topic from the main page of the forum. Welcome aboard!

Comments

• Ed1937
  • Ed1937
    ttt
  • Marcee
    Marcee Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Marci.  My husband was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia two weeks ago and our lives have been thrown into complete chaos.  

Hoping to learn how best to care for him.  I don't even know what questions to ask yet. 

I would really love to be part of a support group.

Thanks for reading.  

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney