Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Caregiver guilt

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
Dr. Natali <[email protected]>
To:Ed
Tue, Nov 22 at 5:02 AM

Careblazer,

It breaks my heart when amazing Careblazers tell me about all the guilt they have.

You do so much to best care for your loved one with dementia, yet you beat yourself up over some of the things you've done while trying to figure out this confusing disease.

In this past Sunday's video I share what to do when the guilt starts to creep in.

This caregiving journey is hard. Go easy on yourself.

I hope this video helps you. Click HERE to watch.

I was also recently interviewed for an article by Guidepost magazine on caregiver guilt. You can read my 4 tips for managing caregiver guilt HERE.

, Natali

P.S. I have something big coming this Friday. Keep your eyes peeled on your inbox.

Unsubscribe | 1902 W Union Hills Dr. #42841, Phoenix, Az 85080

Comments

• Ed1937

I took a short course from Natalie Edmonds, and what I found was that it was set up much in the same way as the video linked to above. It's all about changing your thinking, and she shows you how to do that. I thought it was an amazing course.

Having said that, at the end of the video linked to, another video popped up that had both Natalie and Teepa Snow in it. I didn't watch it yet, but I'm sure it is a great video. Here's the link for that. To any newcomers: these two are probably the most respected providers of this type of video. Check it out to see what you think. What to do when someone with dementia is upset 

• Ed1937
    ttt
  • Katie Roo
    Katie Roo Member Posts: 30
    10 Comments 5 Care Reactions First Anniversary
    Thank you for sharing these links.  I know about Teepa Snow (she's great) and will check out  Careblazers.
  • Katie Roo
    Katie Roo Member Posts: 30
    10 Comments 5 Care Reactions First Anniversary
    Thank you for sharing these links.  I know about Teepa Snow (she's great) and will check out  Careblazers.
  • Donr
    Donr Member Posts: 182
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    When I make mistakes with my wife I sit back and analysis what I did wrong. I then think about it for a few minutes and I then say to myself I am not perfect but crap happens.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more