Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just remember.....

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
As bad as it might be, you have something to be thankful for. I hope everybody makes the most of the day tomorrow.

Comments

• Scooterr
    Scooterr Member Posts: 168
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    Very, very well put Ed !! So many things to be thankful for we have a roof over our head, food in the icebox, a dog named Scooter, grandkids and the list goes on. Most of all though DW and I still have a lot of love for each other. Thank Ed for the reminder.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

My prayers are always filled with Thanksgiving because I know God hears,see and cares for us all. I will be spending my Thanksgiving at the mc with dw and all the cna's who are like family.

Stewart

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    In a few hours I will have a house full of people. We have a large family, and I expect 25 or so people here. I made some brownies. That's all I have to do, since everyone is bringing something. No doubt it will be bittersweet, but what's better than family?
  • nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving, hopefully we all find something to be thankful for.  Mine is that I don't have to cook the meal, even though I do love cooking.  Our daughter and daughter in law have taken over the holidays the last two years.  I am responsible for desserts and a vegie tray, which were provided by Costco.  

Have a lovely holiday everyone.

N

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Happy Thanksgiving! Friends are bringing over the holiday meal. Thankful for everyone.
  • Leaderoftheband
    Leaderoftheband Member Posts: 18
    10 Comments
    Well said and I am thankful
  • Just Bill
    Just Bill Member Posts: 315
    100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    With a title "Just Remember" on a dementia forum I had to take a look. I am one of those every day is thanksgiving types. Every night I tell my wife we made it to the end of the day without waking up in the E.R. And every morning I tell her it is a brand new day full of positive opportunities. Today hanging out with family will be a good day. I got my daily workout and meditation done now all I have to do is hang out with a stupid grin on my face. Easy day !
  • ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,016
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    I am thankful that my DH and I have each other and that he has medications that have helped to make things better. I am grateful for his smiles and when he reaches for my hand. I hate this disease and what it has done to him. But I’m thankful for these days and that I can care for him. Because this is all we have.
  • Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I have a small, ceramic, hand painted wall hanging that reads  “There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.” I bought it for myself several years ago.  It keeps me grounded.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more