Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Alzheimer Law Allows Younger Patients to Gain Eligibility for Grants, Programs

Comments

• Grow old with me
    Grow old with me Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Thank You! Very much in need of "Something" IDK what, but I will look into it. Do you know of groups?
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Welcome!  Can you tell more about yourself?.  Ask your local chapter if a Memory Club is active in your area.  

Iris

• babyface68
    babyface68 Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    Hello did you find any groups yet
  • fvictor7
    fvictor7 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    My mom has Alzheimer's, my sister of 50 is experiencing issues. I have COPD, sleep apnea and back issues limiting oxygen to my brain. I may have dementia and declining very rapidly. Scared and confused and don't know what to do. I have mentioned to my Drs and neurologist but they don't seem to take me seriously.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Hello Victor. Yes, sleep apnea can cause brain and memory issues. I suggest you read the section of alz.org regarding talking to your doctor. Write down a list of your symptoms to take to the appointment. Ask for a work-up to rule-out reversible causes of memory loss that mimic dememtia. This will include blood tests and an MRI.

In the meantime, do the best you can to work on your COPD and sleep apnea. Follow Best Practices.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more