Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I hope your day was as good as mine

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
We had a house full. The women did all the cooking, and there was more than we needed. I invited a good neighbor who lives alone. I wasn't sure this was at all possible, but even though I'm grieving the loss of my wife, I had a good time. We have a close family, and we got through it together.

Comments

• Berryette
    Berryette Member Posts: 47
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    I am so glad you had a good day with family.  I have not been on this forum that long- but know what a huge help you have been to everyone- including me.  God bless you and your family.
  • Twin Mom
    Twin Mom Member Posts: 81
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    So happy you had a great day surrounded by your wonderful family.  You are truly blessed.
  • sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 749
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    We're down to two women in my family. One's been working a lot of overtime (me), and one got Covid-like symptoms. Thank goodness for my new relative called Honey Baked Ham. They came through like a trooper with ham and all the sides. My dad and I made pies.
  • prov1kenobi
    prov1kenobi Member Posts: 47
    10 Comments

My day was ok. I started the day by mopping the floor in my brother’s bathroom. i stepped in there and found a bunch of dry dribbly drops of pee on the floor. So i cleaned thst up. Then I went into his bedroom to find that he had made a puddle of pee on the carpet next to his bed. so i went to get something to soak it up…/ but during that time, my wife walked into that bedroom and stepped right in the middle of the puddle. 

my wife and I have been caretaking my brother for 3 months now. His incontinance is getting worse day by day. He will not wear depends at night. he is totally impossible to help.  He has peed all over the place…in his couch , in another bathroom, on several piles of clothes. his house is starting to smell. We also had about 18 people in for dinner. i hope they did not notice. He did though find his element while talking with a granddaughter about applying to Harvard and /or Yale. He really did ok with all of those people in his house. when they left, he got mean again, but at least he hadva little joy in his life…

it was a good day !!!!

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ed, It’s great to hear that you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving with family. The inclusion on your neighbor is just Ed being Ed.
  • caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    So glad you had a good day!
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Glad to hear there is always some joy to find. Great to hear it was a good time.

Stewart

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney