Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Is it pain or just attention?

JC5
JC5 Member Posts: 167
100 Comments 100 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 25 Likes
DH has recovered nicely from his his fall. Vertebrae have and are healing and home PT ends tomorrow, outpatient begins. For the past 2 weeks he’s been grimacing and moaning in pain when he walks. Relying on cane more and says has pain in his leg. However when PT is here DH dismisses it as it’s not that bad. PT leaves and all I hear all day is “Oh! Ooo!” He’s always been an attention seeker but this constant moaning and complaining goes on all day, except when others are around! What is this all about?

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Who knows? I think you should mention this to PT tomorrow. Maybe if there is pain, they can put pressure on the spots that might cause it for a better understanding of what's going on.
  • nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Hi JC5, I am sorry you are going through this. 
    I agree with Ed. Do share this with the physical therapist.
    When I take my DH to the doctor, he always says he is fine. Same thing when he was in the hospital for an appendicitis and recently for a relentless cough.  My guess is they feel more comfortable telling us, but not others.  

N 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney