Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Poop on the couch and 911

I'm working two days a week at a middle school IGS program which handles the lowest end of the spectrum of special ed kids.  All are non verbal and most are still in diapers.  The class room has a couch for the kids to lay down on if needed and one day one of the boys took off his diaper and pooped all over the couch.  We decided to get rid of it and I said I could take it home and call our town's 311 for a large item pick up.  I got home and was pulling the couch out of my truck onto the sidewalk when a police car parked across the street.  I thought oh good he probably thinks I'm dumping this on the street.  I went in the house and DH was very agitated telling me there were a bunch of men dressed in black and red here wanting to kill our dogs and cats and hurt us.  He then told me he called 911 just before I got home.  I thought oh geez that's why there is a police car outside.  I told him I'd go talk to him when another police car pulled up.  I talked to the officers and explained what is going on and they were as nice as could be.  They told me they go out on many calls made by people with dementia and told me it wasn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last.

When I went back in and told DH the police had taken away the men in black and red and everything was alright.  He then looked out the window and told me they were still there.  When I looked out I saw our neighbor, a house down, had some black trash bags with red ties in his yard for the trash men to pick up the next day.  I took him out to show them to him and he seemed ok but then when he saw the couch on the sidewalk that about undid him thinking someone was moving into the house.

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    You have to be a very special person to work with kids that needy, then come home to a husband with dementia. There is a special place upstairs for people like you. I'm glad the police handled it properly.
  • JJAz
    JJAz Member Posts: 285
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments

Bless your heart!

• ghphotog
    ghphotog Member Posts: 667
    500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    What Ed said!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One